SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS AVAILABLE TO NIGERIAN STUDENTS FOR STUDY IN CANADA
There is investment/monetary help to be had for world scholars of top instructional status on the Canadian graduate stage (e.g., grasp’s, doctoral (PhD), post-doctoral). The price of those awards will fluctuate through instructional division, in addition to establishment. The training establishment in Canada this is into consideration should be contacted. If you are making use of our (i.e. Plumville International’s) in a foreign country instructional establishment placement provider, our competent instructional experts will touch the Canadian instructional establishment for your behalf.
This help could also be within the type of:
• Teaching/departmental assistantships;
• Research budget;
• University graduate scholarships;
• External scholarships (i.e., scholarships equipped through a 3rd birthday party);
• Bursaries (awards in response to monetary want which might be meant to complement a scholar’s different investment resources).
There also are a handful of Government of Canada and External Scholarship Opportunities to be had to most sensible world scholars making use of for graduate techniques in Canada. More main points are equipped underneath:
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)
• The Vanier CGS program is helping Canada’s instructional establishments draw in extremely certified doctoral scholars, who show off robust success in well being, herbal sciences, engineering, humanities, and social sciences.
• Open to Canadian and world doctoral scholars.
• Up to 167 scholarships are awarded once a year, valued at $50,000 in line with 12 months for 3 years all through doctoral research. A complete of as much as 500 scholarships are energetic at any time.
• Considers 3 similarly weighted analysis standards; instructional excellence, examine doable, and management.
• For additional information: www.vanier.gc.ca
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
• Designed for the easiest postdoctoral researchers, who will definitely give a contribution to the rustic’s financial, social and research-based enlargement.
• Open to each Canadian and world researchers who’ve just lately finished a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or well being skilled level.
• 70 fellowships are awarded once a year, valued at $70,000 in line with 12 months for 2 years. A complete of as much as 140 awards are energetic at any time.
• Criteria for variety: (1) examine excellence and management in house of experience or examine; (2) high quality of the applicant’s proposed examine program; (three) institutional dedication and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities;
• For additional information: www.banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships (and Fellowships)
• Highly aggressive techniques providing as much as 15 doctoral scholarships each and every 12 months for research in social sciences and arts; with some to be had to world scholars.
• The basis does no longer settle for particular person programs – Candidates should be nominated through a Canadian or Foreign college and be both making use of to a doctoral program within the social sciences and arts or registered full-time within the first or 2nd 12 months of the sort of program.
• Annual price of as much as $60,000 in line with student (together with an annual go back and forth allowance of $20,000) for as much as 4 years.
• Selection Criteria: (1) Have a observe document of educational success (2) Possess remarkable abilities that may allow the coed interact in vigorous change with different researchers (three) Intend to paintings in a space associated with a number of of the Foundation’s 4 issues (human rights and dignity, accountable citizenship, Canada’s position on the earth, and other people and their herbal surroundings); and feature an expressed want to give a contribution to public discussion.
• For additional information: www.trudeaufoundation.ca
The Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program (Fellowship)
• Open to each Canadian and world candidates.
• Eligibility to use: (1) Be between 25 and 30 years of age (2) Have finished a minimum of one college level (three) Possess top oral and written talent in English; French language abilities are an asset (four) Have a minimum of three years of full-time skilled revel in; full-time internships and volunteer positions are regarded as to be skilled revel in (five) Have a robust management document benefitting a specific group or reason within the public pastime (6) The will and ability to suppose and act throughout variations as a public chief.
• Once in two years, younger leaders are presented a novel alternative to spend 12 months clear of their research, careers, or different formal commitments, for a length of mirrored image and self-realization whilst enterprise a brand new mission in his or her selected box.
• Fellows are selected in response to: (1) Their interest for strengthening cultural various societies (2) A real want to serve the general public pastime and within the public sphere (three) The talent to paintings smartly in an intercultural and world staff of your friends, each as a member and a pacesetter (four) Sharp vital considering abilities (five) An authentic method to fixing a real-world drawback (6) A burning interest about globally-significant problems and the way they attach (7) A zeal for excellence.
• For additional information: http://jeannesauve.org/pillars/public-leadership-program/