SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS AVAILABLE TO NIGERIAN STUDENTS FOR STUDY IN CANADA
There is investment/monetary help to be had for world scholars of prime educational status on the Canadian graduate degree (e.g., grasp’s, doctoral (PhD), post-doctoral). The worth of those awards will vary through educational division, in addition to establishment. The training establishment in Canada this is into account should be contacted. If you are making use of our (i.e. Plumville International’s) in another country instructional establishment placement carrier, our competent instructional specialists will touch the Canadian instructional establishment for your behalf.
This help is also within the type of:
• Teaching/departmental assistantships;
• Research finances;
• University graduate scholarships;
• External scholarships (i.e., scholarships equipped through a 3rd birthday celebration);
• Bursaries (awards in line with monetary want which can be meant to complement a scholar’s different investment assets).
There also are a handful of Government of Canada and External Scholarship Opportunities to be had to best world scholars making use of for graduate techniques in Canada. More main points are equipped underneath:
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS)
• The Vanier CGS program is helping Canada’s instructional establishments draw in extremely certified doctoral scholars, who show off robust success in well being, herbal sciences, engineering, humanities, and social sciences.
• Open to Canadian and world doctoral scholars.
• Up to 167 scholarships are awarded every year, valued at $50,000 in line with yr for 3 years all through doctoral research. A complete of as much as 500 scholarships are energetic at any time.
• Considers 3 similarly weighted analysis standards; educational excellence, study possible, and management.
• For additional info: www.vanier.gc.ca
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
• Designed for the easiest postdoctoral researchers, who will definitely give a contribution to the rustic’s financial, social and research-based enlargement.
• Open to each Canadian and world researchers who’ve just lately finished a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or well being skilled level.
• 70 fellowships are awarded every year, valued at $70,000 in line with yr for 2 years. A complete of as much as 140 awards are energetic at any time.
• Criteria for variety: (1) study excellence and management in house of experience or study; (2) high quality of the applicant’s proposed study program; (three) institutional dedication and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities;
• For additional info: www.banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca
Trudeau Foundation Scholarships (and Fellowships)
• Highly aggressive techniques providing as much as 15 doctoral scholarships each and every yr for research in social sciences and arts; with some to be had to world scholars.
• The basis does no longer settle for particular person packages – Candidates will have to be nominated through a Canadian or Foreign college and be both making use of to a doctoral program within the social sciences and arts or registered full-time within the first or 2d yr of any such program.
• Annual worth of as much as $60,000 in line with student (together with an annual commute allowance of $20,000) for as much as 4 years.
• Selection Criteria: (1) Have a observe file of educational success (2) Possess remarkable talents that may permit the student interact in energetic trade with different researchers (three) Intend to paintings in a space associated with a number of of the Foundation’s 4 issues (human rights and dignity, accountable citizenship, Canada’s position on the planet, and other people and their herbal surroundings); and feature an expressed want to give a contribution to public discussion.
• For additional info: www.trudeaufoundation.ca
The Jeanne Sauvé Public Leadership Program (Fellowship)
• Open to each Canadian and world candidates.
• Eligibility to use: (1) Be between 25 and 30 years of age (2) Have finished no less than one college level (three) Possess prime oral and written talent in English; French language talents are an asset (four) Have no less than three years of full-time skilled enjoy; full-time internships and volunteer positions are regarded as to be skilled enjoy (five) Have a powerful management file benefitting a specific group or motive within the public pastime (6) The will and talent to assume and act throughout variations as a public chief.
• Once in two years, younger leaders are introduced a novel alternative to spend 12 months clear of their research, careers, or different formal commitments, for a length of mirrored image and self-realization whilst endeavor a brand new undertaking in his or her selected box.
• Fellows are selected in line with: (1) Their hobby for strengthening cultural numerous societies (2) A real want to serve the general public pastime and within the public sphere (three) The skill to paintings smartly in an intercultural and world workforce of your friends, each as a member and a pacesetter (four) Sharp crucial considering talents (five) An authentic solution to fixing a real-world downside (6) A burning interest about globally-significant problems and the way they attach (7) A keenness for excellence.
• For additional info: http://jeannesauve.org/pillars/public-leadership-program/