$625 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot soars on rollover
Seventh-largest US lottery jackpot in historical past
By Todd Northrop
After a 24th-consecutive drawing with no winner, the Powerball multi-state lottery recreation now includes a jackpot that can supply multi-generational wealth to the fortunate participant who sooner or later wins all of it.
After no one gained Wednesday’s $562.1 million grand prize, the Powerball jackpot greater to a whopping $625 million for Saturday’s drawing — the Seventh-largest US lottery jackpot of all time.
But since maximum winners select the lump-sum money choice, the $380.6 million money worth of Saturday’s Powerball jackpot is what would possibly get folks purchasing a couple of further tickets. It’s the Eighth-largest money worth of any jackpot in US lottery historical past.
The whole top-25 checklist of United States lottery jackpot annuity and money values will also be discovered underneath.
Players having a look to calculate what they’d obtain after the preliminary federal and state tax withholdings can in finding all of it pre-calculated for each and every Powerball jurisdiction on the Jackpot Analysis web page at USA Mega, a internet website dedicated to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery video games.
Saturday’s mega boatload of money is the results of 24 consecutive attracts with no winner. The run-up began as a $40 million prize on Dec. 29 — it’s been just about three months since Powerball closing had a winner.
Players in search of a close-by lottery store — or that out-of-the-way store with a smaller line — are inspired to make use of Lottery Places, the one app for iOS, Android, and Windows that may find the closest lottery shops in each and every jurisdiction that sells Powerball and Mega Millions. The useful app can find lottery shops within the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, a lot of Canada, and the Caribbean.
Michigan lottery gamers additionally give you the chance of bypassing the shop utterly and purchasing Powerball lottery tickets on-line.
Players out of doors the United States can use a credible butler provider, which gives scanned copies of the bought lottery tickets securely held on behalf of the buyer. In the previous, the lottery price tag provider was once utilized by folks out aspect the United States to win large jackpots in Oregon and Florida.
Players must notice that jackpot quantities are conservative estimates supplied through the lotteries, and are ceaselessly slightly upper by the point the drawing happens. For instance, the unique estimate for Wednesday’s drawing was once $550 million, however by the point all of the proceeds had been counted simply sooner than draw-time, the jackpot had swelled to $562.1 million.
The profitable numbers for Wednesday, March 20, 2019 had been 10, 14, 50, 53, and 63, with Powerball quantity 21. The Power Play quantity was once 2.
Although no one gained the jackpot Wednesday night time, 6 fortunate gamers matched the primary Five numbers for a $1,00zero,00zero prize: 1 from Florida, 1 from Kentucky, 1 from New Jersey, and three from South Carolina.
Two of the tickets offered in South Carolina had been bought with the Power Play choice, doubling the ones prizes to $2 million each and every. Power Play is to be had in all jurisdictions with the exception of California, the place the fastened nature of the prize build up presented in Power Play isn’t suitable with California’s pari-mutuel payout rules.
43 tickets matched 4 white numbers plus the Powerball and gained $50,00zero. Of the ones tickets, four had been bought with the Power Play choice, expanding the prize to $100,00zero, and nine had been bought in California the place the prize was once $21,672 this drawing. California prize quantities range from the remainder of the rustic for the reason that state awards all prizes on a pari-mutuel foundation, which means the prizes will trade each and every drawing based totally on the collection of tickets offered and the collection of tickets that gained at each and every prize degree.
A whole checklist of prizes to be had for matching quite a lot of numbers will also be discovered on the Powerball Drawing Detail web page at USA Mega, in addition to on the Powerball Prize Payouts web page at Lottery Post.
Following the Wednesday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate was once raised $62.nine million from its earlier quantity of $562.1 million. The money worth was once raised through $38.2 million from its earlier quantity of $342.four million.
The subsequent Powerball drawing will happen Saturday day night time at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.
Powerball is performed in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Tickets price $2 each and every.
Powerball lottery effects are revealed inside of mins of the drawing at USA Mega (www.usamega.com). The USA Mega Web website supplies lottery gamers in-depth details about the United States’s two largest multi-state lottery video games, Mega Millions and Powerball.
Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time
Saturday’s Powerball jackpot lately stands because the Seventh-largest lottery jackpot of all time. The quantity of the jackpot would possibly upward thrust even additional by the point the drawing takes position, as lotteries are normally conservative of their preliminary estimates.
- Powerball: $1.5864 billion, Jan. 13, 2016 – California, Florida, Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $1.537 billion, Oct. 23, 2018 – South Carolina
- Powerball: $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017 – Massachusetts
- Powerball: $687.eight million, Oct. 27, 2018 – Iowa, New York
- Mega Millions: $656 million, Mar. 30, 2012 – Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- Mega Millions: $636 million, Dec. 17, 2013 – California, Georgia
- Powerball: $625 million, Mar. 23, 2019 – Preliminary estimate, no longer gained but
- Powerball: $590.Five million, May 18, 2013 – Florida
- Powerball: $587.Five million, Nov. 28, 2012 – Arizona, Missouri
- Powerball: $564.1 million, Feb. 7, 2015 – North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- Powerball: $559.7 million, Jan. 6, 2018 – New Hampshire
- Mega Millions: $543 million, Jul. 24, 2018 – California
- Mega Millions: $536 million, Jul. eight, 2016 – Indiana
- Mega Millions: $533 million, Mar. 30, 2018 – New Jersey
- Powerball: $487 million, Jul. 30, 2016 – New Hampshire
- Powerball: $456.7 million, Mar. 17, 2018 – Pennsylvania
- Mega Millions: $451 million, Jan. Five, 2018 – Florida
- Powerball: $448.four million, Aug. 7, 2013 – Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
- Powerball: $447.eight million, Jun. 10, 2017 – California
- Powerball: $435.three million, Feb. 22, 2017 – Indiana
- Powerball: $429.6 million, May 7, 2016 – New Jersey
- Powerball: $425.three million, Feb. 19, 2014 – California
- Mega Millions: $425 million, Jan. 1, 2019 – New York
- Powerball: $420.nine million, Nov. 26, 2016 – Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $414 million, Mar. 18, 2014 – Florida, Maryland
For the ones protecting rating, the collection of jackpots within the peak 25, through lottery recreation, are:
- Powerball: 16
- Mega Millions: nine
Top 25 money worth jackpots
Since many lottery winners acquire their winnings in money, the lump-sum payout is crucial measure of what a profitable price tag might be value.
The new Powerball jackpot ranks because the Eighth-largest lump-sum money worth jackpot in historical past.
- Powerball: $983.Five million money, Jan. 13, 2016 ($1.5864 billion annuity) – California, Florida, Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $877.eight million money, Oct. 23, 2018 ($1.537 billion annuity) – South Carolina
- Powerball: $480.Five million money, Aug. 23, 2017 ($758.7 million annuity) – Massachusetts
- Mega Millions: $471 million money, Mar. 30, 2012 ($656 million annuity) – Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- Powerball: $396.2 million money, Oct. 27, 2018 ($687.eight million annuity) – Iowa, New York
- Powerball: $384.7 million money, Nov. 28, 2012 ($587.Five million annuity) – Arizona, Missouri
- Powerball: $381.1 million money, Feb. 7, 2015 ($564.1 million annuity) – North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- Powerball: $380.6 million money, Mar. 23, 2019 ($625 million annuity) – Preliminary estimate, no longer gained but
- Mega Millions: $378 million money, Jul. eight, 2016 ($536 million annuity) – Indiana
- Powerball: $370.nine million money, May 18, 2013 ($590.Five million annuity) – Florida
- Powerball: $352 million money, Jan. 6, 2018 ($559.7 million annuity) – New Hampshire
- Mega Millions: $347.6 million money, Dec. 17, 2013 ($636 million annuity) – California, Georgia
- Powerball: $336.eight million money, Jul. 30, 2016 ($487 million annuity) – New Hampshire
- Mega Millions: $324 million money, Mar. 30, 2018 ($533 million annuity) – New Jersey
- Mega Millions: $320.Five million money, Jul. 24, 2018 ($543 million annuity) – California
- Powerball: $284 million money, May 7, 2016 ($429.6 million annuity) – New Jersey
- Mega Millions: $281.nine million money, Jan. Five, 2018 ($451 million annuity) – Florida
- Powerball: $279.1 million money, Jun. 10, 2017 ($447.eight million annuity) – California
- Powerball: $273.nine million money, Mar. 17, 2018 ($456.7 million annuity) – Pennsylvania
- Powerball: $263.Five million money, Feb. 22, 2017 ($435.three million annuity) – Indiana
- Powerball: $258.2 million money, Aug. 7, 2013 ($448.four million annuity) – Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
- Powerball: $254.7 million money, Nov. 26, 2016 ($420.nine million annuity) – Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $254.6 million money, Jan. 1, 2019 ($425 million annuity) – New York
- Mega Millions: $246.Five million money, Aug. 11, 2017 ($393 million annuity) – Illinois
- Mega Millions: $240 million money, Jan. four, 2011 ($380 million annuity) – Idaho, Washington
The collection of jackpot money values within the peak 25, through lottery recreation, are:
- Powerball: 15
- Mega Millions: 10
Lottery Post Staff
We’d love to look your feedback right here! Register for a FREE club — it takes only a few moments — and you are able to publish feedback right here and on any of our boards. If you are already a member, you’ll Log In to publish a remark.