$550 MILLION: Red hot Powerball jackpot rolls again
By Todd Northrop
This week Powerball is the hot price ticket, that includes a jackpot payout of greater than a half-billion greenbacks.
The new high-water mark of $550 million for the present Powerball annuity jackpot estimate used to be completed after no profitable tickets had been bought for Saturday night time’s $492.1 million grand prize. The new jackpot stands because the 11th-largest ever recorded in United States lottery historical past. (See best 25 annuity and money values under.)
The lump-sum money payout price of Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot is $335 million.
Players having a look to calculate what they might obtain after the preliminary federal and state tax withholdings can to find all of it pre-calculated for each and every Powerball jurisdiction at the Jackpot Analysis web page at USA Mega, a internet website online dedicated to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery video games.
The greatest Powerball jackpot ever awarded used to be on January 13, 2016, when 3 tickets from California, Florida, and Tennessee shared a $1.6 billion grand prize. The Florida and Tennessee winners claimed their prizes briefly, however the California winner waited about six months to say their proportion.
Players must be aware that jackpot quantities are conservative estimates equipped by way of the lotteries, and are ceaselessly rather upper by the point the drawing happens.
Wednesday’s mammoth prize is the results of 23 consecutive attracts with no winner. The run-up began as a $40 million prize on Dec. 29, 2018.
The profitable numbers for Saturday, Mar. 16, 2019 had been 30, 34, 39, 53, and 67, with Powerball quantity 11. The Power Play quantity used to be 2.
Even although no one gained the jackpot Saturday, three fortunate avid gamers matched the primary Five numbers for a $1,00zero,00zero prize: 1 from New Jersey, 1 from North Dakota, and 1 from Pennsylvania.
Only the price ticket bought in North Dakota used to be bought with the Power Play possibility, robotically doubling their prize to $2 million.
Power Play isn’t to be had in California, for the reason that fastened nature of the prize building up presented in Power Play isn’t suitable with California’s pari-mutuel payouts. By regulation, California awards all prizes on a pari-mutuel foundation, which means the prizes will alternate each and every drawing in line with the collection of tickets bought and the collection of tickets that gained at each and every prize stage.
The California prize pool for moment prize used to be $2,722,725 this drawing, which might had been break up by way of any avid gamers matching all 5 numbers in that state. Now that prize cash will probably be rolled into the prize pool for the California moment prize subsequent drawing.
54 tickets matched 4 white numbers plus the Powerball and gained $50,00zero. Of the ones tickets, 10 had been bought with the Power Play possibility, expanding the prize to $100,00zero, and Five of the tickets had been bought in California, the place the prize used to be value $24,711 this drawing.
Following the Saturday drawing, the Powerball annuity jackpot estimate used to be raised $57.nine million from its earlier quantity of $492.1 million. The money price used to be raised by way of $36.6 million from its earlier quantity of $298.four million.
The subsequent Powerball drawing will happen Wednesday night time at 10:59 pm Eastern Time.
When a Powerball price ticket is bought with the Power Play possibility for an additional $1 in step with price ticket, second-prize winners have their prizes robotically doubled to $2 million, whilst all different non-jackpot prizes are multiplied by way of the Power Play quantity drawn that night. All prize payout quantities, together with Power Play multipied prizes, will also be discovered at the Powerball Drawing Detail web page at USA Mega, in addition to at the Powerball Prize Payouts web page at Lottery Post.
Powerball is performed in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time. Tickets value $2 each and every.
Powerball lottery effects are printed inside mins of the drawing at USA Mega (www.usamega.com). The USA Mega Web website online supplies lottery avid gamers in-depth details about the United States’s two greatest multi-state lottery video games, Mega Millions and Powerball.
Top 25 United States lottery jackpots of all time
Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot lately stands because the 11th-largest lottery jackpot of all time within the United States. That place would possibly upward thrust prior to the drawing, as lotteries are generally conservative of their preliminary estimates, and brisk gross sales would possibly push the jackpot estimate upper by way of draw time.
- Powerball: $1.5864 billion, Jan. 13, 2016 – California, Florida, Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $1.537 billion, Oct. 23, 2018 – South Carolina
- Powerball: $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017 – Massachusetts
- Powerball: $687.eight million, Oct. 27, 2018 – Iowa, New York
- Mega Millions: $656 million, Mar. 30, 2012 – Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- Mega Millions: $636 million, Dec. 17, 2013 – California, Georgia
- Powerball: $590.Five million, May 18, 2013 – Florida
- Powerball: $587.Five million, Nov. 28, 2012 – Arizona, Missouri
- Powerball: $564.1 million, Feb. 7, 2015 – North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- Powerball: $559.7 million, Jan. 6, 2018 – New Hampshire
- Powerball: $550 million, Mar. 20, 2019 – Preliminary estimate, now not gained but
- Mega Millions: $543 million, Jul. 24, 2018 – California
- Mega Millions: $536 million, Jul. eight, 2016 – Indiana
- Mega Millions: $533 million, Mar. 30, 2018 – New Jersey
- Powerball: $487 million, Jul. 30, 2016 – New Hampshire
- Powerball: $456.7 million, Mar. 17, 2018 – Pennsylvania
- Mega Millions: $451 million, Jan. Five, 2018 – Florida
- Powerball: $448.four million, Aug. 7, 2013 – Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
- Powerball: $447.eight million, Jun. 10, 2017 – California
- Powerball: $435.three million, Feb. 22, 2017 – Indiana
- Powerball: $429.6 million, May 7, 2016 – New Jersey
- Powerball: $425.three million, Feb. 19, 2014 – California
- Mega Millions: $425 million, Jan. 1, 2019 – New York
- Powerball: $420.nine million, Nov. 26, 2016 – Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $414 million, Mar. 18, 2014 – Florida, Maryland
The collection of jackpots within the best 25, by way of lottery sport, are:
- Powerball: 16
- Mega Millions: nine
Top 25 money price jackpots
Since many lottery winners gather their winnings in money, the lump-sum payout is a very powerful measure of what a profitable price ticket might be value.
The upcoming Powerball jackpot ranks because the 13th-largest money price in U.S. historical past.
- Powerball: $983.Five million money, Jan. 13, 2016 ($1.5864 billion annuity) – California, Florida, Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $877.eight million money, Oct. 23, 2018 ($1.537 billion annuity) – South Carolina
- Powerball: $480.Five million money, Aug. 23, 2017 ($758.7 million annuity) – Massachusetts
- Mega Millions: $471 million money, Mar. 30, 2012 ($656 million annuity) – Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- Powerball: $396.2 million money, Oct. 27, 2018 ($687.eight million annuity) – Iowa, New York
- Powerball: $384.7 million money, Nov. 28, 2012 ($587.Five million annuity) – Arizona, Missouri
- Powerball: $381.1 million money, Feb. 7, 2015 ($564.1 million annuity) – North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- Mega Millions: $378 million money, Jul. eight, 2016 ($536 million annuity) – Indiana
- Powerball: $370.nine million money, May 18, 2013 ($590.Five million annuity) – Florida
- Powerball: $352 million money, Jan. 6, 2018 ($559.7 million annuity) – New Hampshire
- Mega Millions: $347.6 million money, Dec. 17, 2013 ($636 million annuity) – California, Georgia
- Powerball: $336.eight million money, Jul. 30, 2016 ($487 million annuity) – New Hampshire
- Powerball: $335 million money, Mar. 20, 2019 ($550 million annuity) – Preliminary estimate, now not gained but
- Mega Millions: $324 million money, Mar. 30, 2018 ($533 million annuity) – New Jersey
- Mega Millions: $320.Five million money, Jul. 24, 2018 ($543 million annuity) – California
- Powerball: $284 million money, May 7, 2016 ($429.6 million annuity) – New Jersey
- Mega Millions: $281.nine million money, Jan. Five, 2018 ($451 million annuity) – Florida
- Powerball: $279.1 million money, Jun. 10, 2017 ($447.eight million annuity) – California
- Powerball: $273.nine million money, Mar. 17, 2018 ($456.7 million annuity) – Pennsylvania
- Powerball: $263.Five million money, Feb. 22, 2017 ($435.three million annuity) – Indiana
- Powerball: $258.2 million money, Aug. 7, 2013 ($448.four million annuity) – Minnesota, New Jersey (2)
- Powerball: $254.7 million money, Nov. 26, 2016 ($420.nine million annuity) – Tennessee
- Mega Millions: $254.6 million money, Jan. 1, 2019 ($425 million annuity) – New York
- Mega Millions: $246.Five million money, Aug. 11, 2017 ($393 million annuity) – Illinois
- Mega Millions: $240 million money, Jan. four, 2011 ($380 million annuity) – Idaho, Washington
The collection of jackpot money values within the best 25, by way of lottery sport, are:
- Powerball: 15
- Mega Millions: 10
Lottery Post Staff
We’d love to peer your feedback right here! Register for a FREE club — it takes only a few moments — and you are able to publish feedback right here and on any of our boards. If you are already a member, you’ll Log In to publish a remark.