Lottery Post becomes installable app for mobile users
Popular lottery web site provides Progressive Web App (PWA) era
By Todd Northrop
Speednet Group, a number one lottery era corporate, nowadays introduced the overall availability of its newest model of the Lottery Post mobile web site, which permits mobile users to put in the web page as an app on their telephones.
By putting in Lottery Post as an app, and now not simply the usage of it as an ordinary web site, users can revel in sooner load instances, offline use when a community isn’t to be had, and utilization as a stand-alone app, quite than current inside of a internet browser. When put in, the Lottery Post app is introduced at once from the telephone’s house display or app launcher, identical to each and every different app.
The era powering the brand new Lottery Post app is known as Progressive Web Apps (PWA), which used to be pioneered via Google in 2015. Unlike conventional Android or iPhone apps, PWA apps don’t wish to be downloaded from an app retailer, however as an alternative are put in at once from a web site — on this case, from the Lottery Post web site. As the web site is browsed, the app “remembers” each and every web page in order that if the community connection of the telephone is disrupted, the pages may also be recalled from reminiscence. This “progressive memory” of a web site is the place Progressive Web Apps get their identify.
The “Add to Home Screen” choice can be utilized to put in the Lottery Post app as an icon within the telephone’s app launcher house display. Then, Lottery Post may also be browsed via tapping the house display icon, quite than via opening a internet browser.
Lottery Post Founder Todd Northrop is passionate about the era and the long-term advantages it can give to Lottery Post.
“Progressive Web Apps finally fulfill the mission the iPhone started 12 years ago, making the Web a common app platform,” Northrop mentioned. “It gets us past the old app store model to make app deployment simple while giving everyone the same exact experience, regardless of the type of phone they use.”
Northrop persevered: “PWAs are also starting to provide access to experiences that previously were available only to native apps delivered through the app store. For example, notifications are now fully supported on Android and will be supported soon on iPhone, so Lottery Post is now positioned to incorporate native phone notifications.”
Because PWA era used to be championed via Google, Android telephones naturally lift probably the most intensive reinforce, even though iPhones don’t seem to be a long way in the back of. Any variations will change into much less noticeable over the years as each platforms race to totally incorporate all of the suite of PWA applied sciences.
App updates occur silently within the background, so users do not wish to fear about preserving up to the moment with the most recent adjustments.
The affect for your telephone garage could also be a lot not up to a local app. A local app put in from an app retailer may well be dozens of megabytes in dimension, while a PWA is most often not up to one megabyte.
Another house of development because of PWA applied sciences is with sharing one thing from Lottery Post with different internet sites or apps. Because PWAs paintings intently with local telephone options, Lottery Post now makes use of the similar sharing interface that local apps put in from the app retailer use. For instance, a Lottery Post web page may also be shared at once with Snapchat in your telephone.
An individual the usage of their telephone to browse the Lottery Post mobile web site would possibly not right away realize a large distinction from an ordinary web site, but when they have been to lose their community connection, that is the place the variations can be stark.
To take a look at this out, transfer your telephone to plane mode and check out having access to every other web site (now not Lottery Post). Unless the web site implements PWA era, you’ll be greeted via your browser with a message informing you community connectivity isn’t to be had and no content material. However the brand new Lottery Post PWA does not be afflicted by this drawback. Previously loaded content material presentations as if you’re surfing on-line, and pages you haven’t considered earlier than show a message letting you understand that your community connectivity is offline.
In a nutshell, Lottery Post stays helpful even supposing community connectivity isn’t to be had. And because of the advancing PWA applied sciences, Lottery Post will proceed to put in force local app options one day.
Lottery Post receives further enhancements
In addition to PWA applied sciences, the Lottery Post mobile web site gained a number of different enhancements of be aware with this newest free up.
- The maximum noticeable exchange is also the left and correct slide-out panels, which might be activated via the menu button within the upper-left and the consumer button within the upper-right. Both panels gained considerable consumer interface enhancements and extra instructions. On supported gadgets you’ll additionally get haptic comments when opening and shutting the panels.
- The Lottery Post Home web page is expanded and now features a record of most up-to-date discussion board posts.
- The Quick Picks web page has a brand new way to reproduction all of the generated numbers in a single faucet so you’ll be able to paste them into an app or web site.
- Lottery Post now assists in keeping observe of the way lengthy it has remained within the background in your telephone, so whilst you deliver it to the foreground it is going to robotically refresh the web page content material if it senses the content material is just too previous.
- Share button within the most sensible banner now opens the telephone’s local sharing panel, if to be had, as an alternative of the extra restricted set of sharing choices in the past to be had. The Share button is used to percentage the present web page/content material you might be viewing on social media or with every other app in your telephone. For instance, if you wish to ship a hyperlink to a Lottery Post web page to anyone via a textual content message, you presently can faucet the Share button and select the textual content message app.
- The authentic Share popup, which is still helpful for sharing to social media websites, is to be had via long-pressing at the Share button.
- The sliding animation between pages has been got rid of, making the revel in sooner and extra trendy. However, the sliding animation remains to be to be had for those that wish to repair it. To accomplish that, move to the Options web page, the place you’ll be able to select the sliding animation or a few different new web page animations.
- Several further options, enhancements, and fixes are described at the mobile app’s “What’s New” web page, which is obtainable from the app’s right-side slide-out menu (sometimes called the Member menu).
How to seek out and set up the Lottery Post app
If you are studying this on a desktop laptop, computer, or pill, you may well be questioning how one can see the mobile web site. It’s simple! Just discuss with lotterypost.com the usage of your telephone’s internet browser, and Lottery Post will robotically acknowledge that you are the usage of a telephone and can show the mobile web site for you.
On an iPhone, that most often way the usage of Safari, and on Android it most often way the usage of Chrome, to discuss with lotterypost.com. Users of each forms of telephones be able to set up selection internet browsers, comparable to Firefox or Microsoft Edge, however Safari and Chrome are the integrated internet browsers on iPhone and Android.
After visiting Lottery Post in your telephone, you’ll want to use the Add to Home Screen function to put in the Lottery Post app as an icon in your telephone’s app launcher house display. For lend a hand putting in the app, faucet the member/consumer icon within the upper-right of the display, which opens the right-side slide-out menu. In that menu, faucet “Add to Home Screen”.