Kentucky Lottery president and CEO set to retire
In these days’s assembly of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation’s board of administrators, Lottery President and CEO Tom Delacenserie introduced his retirement efficient March 6.
Delacenserie, who turns 72 years outdated this yr, assumed the highest task in May 2017. Sales from FY17 thru FY19 rose from $1,000,501,000 to $1,129,655,000, a $129.1 million (12.nine%) building up all through his tenure.
“We’ve accomplished a tremendous amount in the last two and a half years,” Delacenserie stated. “We strengthened our brand by creating a new lottery logo, improved product offerings by increasing payouts on our Scratch games, developed exciting new draw games, and enhanced our advertising support. And we upgraded product delivery systems, including vending machines with state-of-the-art touch screen technology.”
“By achieving these goals and with your help, we set, broke, and re-set sales records each year I was here. More importantly, in the process we increased overall transfers to the Commonwealth to fund college scholarship and grant programs, helping Kentucky students stay home to pursue their degrees,” he stated.
Cash transfers to the Commonwealth rose all through Delacenserie’s time period from $247.7 million in FY17 to $272.7 million in FY19, a $25 million (10.1%) building up.
“Tom has led the charge in Kentucky in an ever-challenging gambling landscape, and his efforts and those of the Lottery team have helped send more kids to college,” stated Mark F. Sommer, chair of the Lottery’s board of administrators. “Kentucky students have benefitted greatly from Tom’s efforts and vision, and he leaves the Kentucky Lottery in great shape to continue its mission.”
Sommer famous that beneath Kentucky statute the Governor appoints the KLC President and CEO with the Board serving to verify the appointment. Governor Beshear’s group of workers has asked the Lottery publish the placement and seek knowledge in the course of the group’s website online, kylottery.com.
Current Kentucky Lottery COO Marty Gibbs will function intervening time president and CEO, whilst present Vice President and Corporate Controller Maggie Garrison will function Interim COO till the brand new president and CEO is in position. Additionally, Sommer stated Delacenserie will function a specialist all through the transition and seek on an as wanted foundation.
Delacenserie got here to Kentucky from Florida, the place he served as secretary of the Florida Lottery. “I’ll miss this industry, the friends I’ve made, staff at the numerous stores I’ve visited, and of course the dedicated staff here at the Kentucky Lottery. At the same time, I have grandchildren I’d like to spend more time with and my bride of almost 50 years who has been waiting patiently,” he stated.
In different information from these days’s assembly, the board:
- Learned general gross sales from July thru December had been $540.8M, which is $three.5M lower than remaining yr and $32.2 at the back of finances. A loss of massive jackpots within the Powerball and Mega Millions video games account for the decline from remaining yr.
- Heard web source of revenue sooner than switch of dividends has dropped $21.6 million from remaining yr (and $eight.four million underneath finances) to $121 million. This is due no longer most effective to the loss of gross sales once more from the ones massive jackpot video games, but in addition gamers profitable $17.five million extra in prizes than the similar length remaining yr.
- Approved a freelance with GoodPlay International Inc. for random quantity generator programs and similar services and products;
- Approved a freelance with Garron Lottery Products for draw machines and ball units and similar services and products, and;
- Approved laws and rules for 5 scratch-off tickets and six Instant Play video games.
The subsequent assembly of the KLC’s board of administrators can be March 27th. The assembly will start at 10:00 AM EST, and can be held on the KLC headquarters at 1011 West Main Street in Louisville. The audit committee assembly will start at eight:30 AM EST, in addition to the procurement committee at nine:00 AM EST.